American Society of Body Engineers Foundation
Our Mission is to promote careers in automotive styling, design and design engineering by engaging high school and college student through tours and competitions, and to provide development for professionals in the field. This is our 65th year sponsoring the Annual Design Challenge for high school students.
The asbe Foundation brings together industry professionals and educators to inspire and encourage student creativity, support instructors, provide career information and organize technical updates for industry professionals. A nationally recognized, volunteer, nonprofit foundation, asbe depends on contributions and involvement of friends.
The asbe Foundation provides services to teachers, students, and designers:
- Promotes design and engineering as a career choice
- Recognizes the achievement of students with scholarships and awards that demonstrate creativity
- Brings colleges and industry together to provide skill upgrades for the design community
- Assists in finding employment for displaced designers by tracking employment trends and by linking candidates with employers
- Sponsors technical updates of the state of the industry to keep designers and educators informed
- Establishes partnerships between companies and schools to better serve the educational and design communities
- Conducts workshops to strengthen technical skills of high school design instructors
Since 2003, the asbe Foundation has promoted design and engineering as a career choice. asbe Foundation encourages and recognize the achievement and creativity of students with scholarships and awards. Partnering with schools and business within the industry to help coordinate tours as well as develop workshops that strengthen technical skills of high school design instructors.
To find out how you can be a part of the asbe Foundation or you have a student who would like to participate in our design challenge please feel free to contact us. 248 403-8365